Highlights Show more
Grow your earning potential with an investment loan.
Borrowing to invest in the sharemarket can be a potentially effective and tax-efficient way to help grow your wealth.
You can use your investment loan to build your share or managed fund portfolio, giving you more exposure to potential gains.
If your investments rise in value, you’ll multiply the value of your returns — simply because you have more money invested.
But if they fall, your losses can be multiplied too, so it’s important to understand the risks.
Performance of a geared vs ungeared portfolio over 2 years
How it works Show more
Maximise your borrowing power with competitive LVRs.
Your investment loan is backed by approved security you provide — usually shares, managed funds1 or cash — plus potentially the investments you buy.
How much you can borrow to invest depends on your loan to value ratio (LVR) — generally between 30% - 80% of the market value depending on the individual stock or managed fund on ANZ’s Approved Securities List (ASL).
ANZ investment loans offer competitive LVRs, with even better terms when you meet our diversification criteria. Find out more
And you’ll also enjoy one of the highest levels of choice and diversification of any investment loan, with more than 2,000 approved shares and managed funds1.
What it costs Show more
Extra value, without extra fees.
When you’re comparing investment loan rates, it’s not just about how much you pay. It’s also about what you get for your money.
An ANZ investment loan gives you:
- Competitive loan to value ratios (LVRs) with a built-in buffer to help manage margin calls
- An extensive list of approved stocks and managed funds — giving you more investment options
- Visibility of your loan and investments through My Portfolio — making it easy to keep track
- A dedicated relationship manager
- Discounted loan rates for frequent traders
Choose the investment loan that's right for you
ANZ Share Investment Loan for ANZ Share Investing customers
If you trade using ANZ Share Investing, you can apply directly for an ANZ Share Investment Loan and Trading account
ANZ Share Investment Loan when trading through a broker
If you prefer to use a broker or advisor to manage your trades, you can apply for an ANZ Share Investment Loan. Simply fill in the form below and give it to your broker.
Find out more or apply today
You may also be interested in...
ANZ investment loans offer these optional extra features, giving you greater flexibility to build your portfolio.
The Diversified Portfolio feature of the ANZ Share Investment Loan rewards investors who hold a range of securities by allowing borrowing against a more extensive Approved Securities List (ASL), including many small to mid-cap shares.
In addition, the Diversified Portfolio feature provides higher LVRs against many of ANZ’s Approved Securities.
This allows you to increase your borrowing level against your securities to create a large or more diversified portfolio, or create a greater cushion against a potential margin call.
To qualify as a Diversified Portfolio, you must ensure your portfolio complies with the following eligibility criteria3:
+ If either of the above applies, the Approved Securities in excess of these limits will be excluded from the diversified portion of your portfolio & the Standard LVR will apply
|Geared savings plan*||Grow your managed fund investment over time with just a small initial outlay, and build on it with monthly instalments and borrowed funds.|
* ANZ Share Investment Loans only
To find out more about these features, see the PDS (PDF 129kB).
- The value of your investments could fall instead of rise, risking some or all of the money you invested and the security you provided.
- The potential for accelerated returns means your potential losses are accelerated too.
- If the investments linked to your loan fall in value, your loan may no longer be adequately secured and you may receive a margin call. In this case, you’ll need to bring the loan back to secure gearing levels, providing additional cash or security for the loan, or by selling investments.
- If you don’t meet your margin call within 24 hours, we can sell some or all of the investments used to secure your loan.
To make sure you’re across all of the risks involved with investment lending, and what you can do to help minimise your risk, read the PDS (PDF 129kB) and seek professional financial advice.
ANZ Share Investment Loan Application Form (PDF, 926kb)
ANZ Investment Lending Terms and Conditions (PDF, 505kb)
ANZ Share Investment Loan Fee and Charges (PDF, 35kb)
ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF, 522kb)
Calculators and Tools:
Online forms are available to help you with:
Payments to/from your margin loan
Transferring to/from your margin loan
- Share Transfer Authorisation (PDF 224kb)
- Managed Funds Application/Lodgement Authorisation (PDF 220kb)
- Managed Funds Redemption (PDF 160kb)
- Investment Lending Refinancing Request
Changing your details
- Change of address (PDF135kb)
- Issuer Sponsorship Conversion Form (PDF136kb)
- Broker Transfer Form (PDF146kb)
Changing the features of your margin loan
- Forward Fix Form (PDF 562kb)
- Fixed Interest Loan Authorisation (PDF 612kb)
- Transfer to the Diversified feature (PDF 324kb)
- Credit limit increase request (PDF 268kb)
- Change of broker/financial adviser (PDF 128kb)
- Regular Geared Savings Plan - changing your contribution amount (PDF 316kb)
Understanding your statements
- Investment Lending statement Guide (PDF 1.10mb)
- Managed funds are only available as security with the Diversified feature. Managed Funds cannot be bought or sold through ANZ Share Investing using your ANZ Share Investment Loan. You need to contact ANZ Investment lending if you want to include any managed fund investment bought other than through ANZ Share Investing in your ANZ Shares Investment loan portfolio. Managed funds already held through ANZ Share Investing(but not purchased with your loan) cannot be transferred into an ANZ Share Investment Loan.
- $150 charged if you are a borrower applying;as a company,
- corporate trustee or trustee with an ABN;or
- on behalf of a trust or business to whitch an ABN has been allocated.
This fee includes a payment of $74 to the Personal Property Securities Registrar for registration on Personal Property Security Interest(s)*
- Qualifying for the Diversified Portfolio feature of the ANZ Share Investment Loan is not an indication that ANZ considers your portfolio is appropriately diversified
The Buffer Ratio on the ANZ Share Investment Loan is 5%.
Leveraging a share portfolio is fast becoming a popular wealth creation strategy. However, you should be aware that whilst leveraging into investments increases the potential return, it is important to recognise that it can also multiply the effects of falls in sharemarket values. We therefore strongly advise you talk to your financial planner, tax adviser and/or stockbroker and ensure you understand the risks, the specific tax implications as well as the legal and financial ramifications of a share investment lending facility.
References to an ANZ Share Investment Loan are references to that product or, where appropriate, to the division of ANZ that administers that product.