Protect your world by protecting your income
Why ANZ Income Protection?
Your income supports the lifestyle you enjoy. Where would you be without it? Whatever has put you out of work – your illness, injury, involuntary unemployment or looking after your seriously ill child – you could be left struggling to pay everyday expenses like your mortgage, rent, groceries or school fees. ANZ Income Protection can provide regular monthly payments, giving you financial support. You may not have chosen to stop work, but you can choose to keep the money coming in if you can’t work.
Highlights Show more
Financial help for when you can't work
- A monthly Income Benefit when you’re unable to work due to serious illness or injury1
- Apply for Income Cover up to 75% of your gross income up to $10,000 per month, or $3,000 per month if we classify your occupation as special risk2
- Select an Income Cover Benefit Period of 1, 2 or 5 years
- Involuntary Unemployment Cover - for when you’re made redundant, bankrupt or insolvent3
- Family Care Cover - for when you take time off work to look after your ill or injured child4
- Premiums may be tax deductible5
What's covered? Show more
An affordable safeguard for your income
Take the financial stress out of the equation if you suddenly lost your job due to redundancy, broke your leg and couldn’t work or if you had to take time off to look after your seriously ill child.
|What we offer|
The key benefits
|ANZ Income Protection gives you:|
|A monthly Income Benefit of up to $10,000 while you’re off work due to illness or injuryHelp||Yes|
|Choose your Income Cover Benefit Period - to receive monthly payments for 1, 2 or 5 yearsHelp||Yes|
|With Involuntary Unemployment Cover receive up to 50% of your Income Cover to a maximum of $3,000 per month for up to three months if you’re made redundant, bankrupt or insolventHelp||Yes|
|With Family Care Cover receive up to 50% of your Income Cover to a maximum of $3,000 per month for up to three months if you need to take time off to care full-time for your sick or injured childHelp||Yes|
Flexible cover that’s easy to change – just contact us
Two premium options to select what suits you
• Premiums generally remain the same with Level PremiumsHelp
|Premiums may be tax deductible Help
|Get a quote fast and then it’s easy to apply||Yes|
|Claims assistance – we’ll help you through this challenging time||Yes|
|Choose your Income Cover Waiting Period - 30 or 90 daysHelp||Yes|
|You’re covered almost anywhere in the world, 24/7Help||Yes|
|If you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, earn one Qantas Point for every $1 of eligible premium6||Yes|
What's not covered
Not everything is included. Here are the main things you should know you are not covered for.
We don’t pay an Income Cover claim arising directly or indirectly from:
|A pre-existing medical condition you had in the 2 years before your policy started1|
|A mental illness condition|
|Pregnancy and birth-related conditionsHelp|
|Professional sports or speed contests (including training)|
Visiting a country where a ‘Do not travel’ warning has been issued by Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
An intentional act or omission
|War, hostilities or civil insurrection|
We don’t pay an Involuntary Unemployment claim arising directly or indirectly from:
We do not pay any claim arising directly or indirectly from:
• involuntary unemployment when, in the 6 months before your policy start date, your employer made you aware that your involuntary unemployment may occur, or, if you’re self-employed, there were signs of bankruptcy or insolvency of which you were reasonably aware
• involuntary unemployment in the 6 months immediately following your policy start date
• the seasonal, casual or temporary nature of your work, including when a fixed term contract or apprenticeship ends within one month of the end date specified on the contract, or when a task, project or service provided under the contract is completed
We don’t pay a Family Care Cover claim arising directly or indirectly from:
We do not pay any claims:
• made in the 6 months after your policy start date
– you (or a reasonable person in your position) were aware of, or should have been aware of
– the child had, or you were intending to take the child to have, a medical consultation, or
– a reasonable person in your circumstances would have taken the child to have a medical consultation.
This is only a summary of our cover and exclusions. See the ANZ Income Protection Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document for more detail on our benefits, and when we’ll pay and when we won’t pay.
Get cover quickly and easily
Learn about income protection
Working out the tax treatment on your income protection premiums isn’t always simple. But here’s some points to help you work out what you can claim.
We live in a volatile economic era in which industries are disrupted at an ever-accelerating rate. Fortunately, there are insurance options that provide you with financial breathing space if you’re made redundant.
Why have income protection insurance? We highlight seven important income protection benefits here.
Understanding how income protection insurance works can be complex. See the frequently asked questions about income protection including cover length, waiting periods, exclusions and costs.