Comprehensive protection for your investment property
and rental income.

Additional features

Cover to pay for repairs and loss of rent.

Landlord insurance - man sitting on a bench outdoors

From natural disasters to problems with tenants: we’ve got your back.

If your investment property is damaged, it can cost you in repairs and rent. That’s why we cover both.

Cover for flood and bushfire or malicious damage and more.


FAQs on landlord insurance

image of gumboots standing on a wet floor

We answer your most frequently asked questions

Landlord’s insurance covers your investment property as well as rental income. Here we answer the most frequently asked questions about landlord’s insurance, including what’s covered, what it costs and ways to lower your premium. 


Find out more

How to apply or find out more


It only takes a few minutes to get started. Get a quote or apply online today.


Get the app and apply with just a few taps.

Call 13 16 14

Talk to a specialist in our call centre: 8am–8pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday

At a branch

Drop in to an ANZ branch.

You may also be interested in...

Making a claim Show more

When you rely on rental income and something goes wrong, it can be very stressful. But you can rest assured that we’ll make claiming as easy as possible, with round-the-clock claims support.

To make a claim:

Contact us on 13 16 14 and advise us of the claim details. We’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Complete the claim form online.

Note: before returning or submitting your claim form, please ensure you’ve got all necessary supporting information.

As a handy tip, you can use ANZ App to keep your policy details within easy reach for when you need them.​

After receiving the claim, we will advise if any additional information is required.

Not sure? Learn more about insurance Show more

Downloads Show more

Important Information Show more

  1. If your building is totally destroyed in an insurable event and we accept your claim.
  2. Subject to certain exclusions.
  3. Conditions and exclusions apply.  Please refer to PDS for further details. For example, we cover up to a maximum of:
     (a) 12 month's rent, limited to a maximum of $52,000, if your building (or sections) become uninhabitable as a result of loss or damage suffered; and
     (b) 12 weeks for rental default in certain circumstances only.
  4. Subject to certain exclusions.
  5. The current maximum discount of 12.5% for holding 3 or more eligible policies is subject to change and exclusion.  Please refer to the PDS for further details.
  6. Reference to insurance premium amounts for the purposes of calculating the applicable Breakfree Package benefits exclude any stamp duty, GST and other government fees, charges or levies components that are included in the total premium amount paid by you.

*  The monthly amount payable for a valid claim may be less than the Income Benefit selected at the time of application, depending on your ‘pre-claim earnings’ and ‘other payments’. The maximum monthly benefit available depends on your occupation category at time of application, and is up to $10,000 for a standard risk occupation, and up to $3,000 for a special risk occupation. When you apply, we will class your occupation as standard risk or special risk. If you are classed by us as having a special risk occupation, your Income Benefit is not payable for a disability caused by the occupational duties you perform.

The ANZ App is provided by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Super, Shares and Insurance (if available) are not provided by ANZ but entities which are not banks. ANZ does not guarantee them. This information is general in nature only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. ANZ does not represent or guarantee that access to the ANZ App will be uninterrupted. Temporary service disruptions may occur. ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ App Terms and Conditions available at and consider if this service is appropriate to you prior to making a decision to acquire or use the ANZ App.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.

Want to know more?