Home Insurance/Contents Insurance
1. If your home is totally destroyed in an insurable event and we accept your claim.
2. An item may be repaired or replaced, or the cost of repair or replacement may be paid to you.
3. Up to 120 consecutive days of cover away from home. Outside of Australia and New Zealand cover is limited to the lessor of 25% of sum insured or $15,000.
4. Provided the car has not travelled more than 30,000km.
5. Only under comprehensive cover.
6. Excluding third party property cover.
7. Income Cover claims arising directly or indirectly from a pre-existing medical condition occurring in the two years before the policy acceptance date are not covered. A pre-existing medical condition is an injury, illness, condition or related symptom that you (or a reasonable person in your position) were aware of, or should have been aware of, or for which you had, or were intending to have, a medical consultation, or for which a reasonable person in your circumstances would have had a medical consultations. The Benefit Period for Involuntary Unemployment Cover and Family Care Cover is 3 months. See the ANZ Income Protection Product Disclosure Statement and Policy, 21 May 2016, for more information.
8. The monthly Income Cover amount payable for a valid claim may be less than the Income Cover selected at the time of application, depending on your ‘pre-claim earnings’ and ‘other payments’. The maximum monthly benefit available depends on your occupation category at time of application, and is 75% of your monthly income up to $10,000 per month for a standard risk occupation, and 75% of your monthly income up to $3,000 per month for a special risk occupation. When you apply, we will class your occupation as standard risk or special risk. If you are classed by us as having a special risk occupation, your Income Cover is not payable for a disability caused by the occupational duties you perform.
9. The amount of Life Cover you can apply for depends on your age and gross annual income and answers to a number of health, occupation and lifestyle questions at the time you apply for cover. To determine whether to accept your application for cover, we may ask you some health, occupation and lifestyle questions. The number of questions we ask you may vary depending on the level of cover you select.
10. The amount of Critical Illness Cover you can apply for depends on your age and gross annual income and answers to a number of health, occupation and lifestyle questions at the time you apply for cover. To determine whether to accept your application for cover, we may ask you some health, occupation and lifestyle questions. The number of questions we ask you may vary depending on the level of cover you select.
11. The 5 covered medical conditions or injuries include:
- Adult type 1 diabetes mellitus*
- Carcinoma in situ*
- Severe endometriosis*
- Burns to a limited extent
*A 90 day qualifying period applies
12. Life benefit not paid within first 12 months except for Accidental death.
13. Accidental death is defined in the “what are the benefits and when are they paid” section of the PDS.