How to take charge of your independence today
Search for your super
Do you have multiple super accounts? Or forgotten the funds you have from various jobs?
Find your super
As an ANZ customer, we can help find all your super accounts for you:
- Go to ANZ Internet Banking > Apply > Superannuation > Find your super
Otherwise you can use the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) myGov service. Here’s how:
- Create a myGov account and select ‘link ATO’ to your account.
- Go to the ‘Super’ tab and you’ll find your super.
Consolidating your accounts can reduce the fees you pay and make it easier to keep track of your super.
ANZ Smart Choice Super’s online round-up service is as simple as:
Go to ANZ Internet Banking > Apply > Superannuation > Find your super > Transfer
ATO’s online consolidation:
- Create a myGov account and then link the ATO to your account.
- Go to the ‘Super tab’.
- Choose the fund you want to transfer your money from (‘transferring fund’) and the one you want to transfer it to (‘receiving’).
- Confirm your selection.
Before you consolidate, consider:
- Each fund’s performance over a period of time, e.g. five years
- The fees and charges, a low-fee super account can save you money
- If any of the funds give you investment choices or lifestage investment mixes – these may give you more flexibility for your lifestage or risk appetite
- If the fund has the insurance cover you need
- Where your future employer contributions will be paid.
Take your super from job to job
Now you’ve consolidated, your employer needs to know where to put your regular super contributions.
Download the Australian Taxation Office’s form
- Download the ATO’s Super Choice Form.
- Fill in the details electronically.
- Print the form.
If you have an ANZ Smart Choice Super account:
We make it easy with a prefilled form with your details to just email or give to your employer:
ANZ Internet Banking > select your ANZ Smart Choice Super account > Notify my Employer
A small number of employers do not offer choice of fund. If you’re unsure, speak to your employer. For more information about Superannuation Standard Choice click here.
Make a before-tax contribution
- To make a before-tax (concessional or salary sacrifice) contribution, speak to your employer about arranging this.
- The concessional cap is $25,000 p.a.
Make an after-tax contribution
- For an after-tax (non-concessional or voluntary) contribution, you can make a one off or regular BPAY® payment. You can find payment details on your statement or your fund’s website.
- The non-concessional contributions cap is $100,000 p.a.
This is a general guide only to caps, your situation may have different caps to those stated above. You can find out more at ATO Contribution Caps.
Use calculators to help you make decisions
Calculators can help make it easier for you to decide where to place any extra funds.
Work out how to maximise your contributions
- ASFA Contributions Optimiser calculator
Super v mortgage tool
Do you want to put extra money into your mortgage or super?
- ASIC’s MoneySmart Super vs Mortgage tool
ANZ makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of information contained on third party websites including information disclosed in calculators. To the extent permitted by law, ANZ does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from your use of information on third party websites, including calculators.
Get ahead with advice
Think about what a comfortable retirement means to you and talk to a financial planner who can devise a plan to secure you a comfortable, independent life.
Book an appointment with an ANZ Financial Planner:
- Visit a branch
- Call 1800 626 855, weekdays 8am to 8pm (AEST)